Bad tags: For those who've been unable to open links I've posted, here's the problem. The teeny boopers at Google/Blogger made a disimprovement with its new kindergarten version of the blogger board. It sometimes shows the quote marks in the tags as faded quotes, which means it doesn't "take," I've found. New guote marks have to be inserted to replace the weird faded ones. The link then seems to come up okay. But not always. So fixing Google?Blogger's "I know, let's change it!" non-betterment can be time consuming.
Another problem with the new Blogger system is its slow bounce-back when corrections are made. There is such a time delay befoe the correction is recoirded, you can't tell whether the correction has been made, or if it's just waiting to be posted.
Some of us can't spend all day playing Jimmy Olson/techie with our blogs. Some of us have to go out and work at being real reporters for hard money. We can't sit around waiting for Googe/Blogger to do its new thing, with the worse service and the kindergarten graphics.
I've tried to repair my broken links as I can, but haven't gotten to all of them.
The built-in link maker, by the way, is too cumbersome to use for folks like me.
It's tough to know which to hate the most for this new batch of unnecessary problems, Blogger for selling out, or the children at Google for trying to fix an unbroken toy. -- Tom Nadeau
Another problem with the new Blogger system is its slow bounce-back when corrections are made. There is such a time delay befoe the correction is recoirded, you can't tell whether the correction has been made, or if it's just waiting to be posted.
Some of us can't spend all day playing Jimmy Olson/techie with our blogs. Some of us have to go out and work at being real reporters for hard money. We can't sit around waiting for Googe/Blogger to do its new thing, with the worse service and the kindergarten graphics.
I've tried to repair my broken links as I can, but haven't gotten to all of them.
The built-in link maker, by the way, is too cumbersome to use for folks like me.
It's tough to know which to hate the most for this new batch of unnecessary problems, Blogger for selling out, or the children at Google for trying to fix an unbroken toy. -- Tom Nadeau

<< Home