During the walk-up to the Iraqi invasion a blog entitled "Where is Raed?" caught the eye of many bloggers. The anonymous writer posted under that nom de guerre -- nom de blog? -- giving readers a rare first-hand account of life in Baghdad in its darkest hours unmediated by network news interpretation.
I followed him -- I believe it was a him, but you can never be too sure -- until his last posting on March 24. He stopped, and nothing has been posted since, nor have I heard of him mentioned beyond the pre-invasion plugs he got on several news sites before the bombing started.
At first I assumed the electricity was down due to the bombing. After after a few days I began to think his PC or laptop might have been damaged, destroyed or stolen in all that chaos and looting. Now I'm wondering if he may have been a casualty. Hope not.
If he is, or was, he might be the bloggers' equivalent of Michael Kelly. as it were.
I followed him -- I believe it was a him, but you can never be too sure -- until his last posting on March 24. He stopped, and nothing has been posted since, nor have I heard of him mentioned beyond the pre-invasion plugs he got on several news sites before the bombing started.
At first I assumed the electricity was down due to the bombing. After after a few days I began to think his PC or laptop might have been damaged, destroyed or stolen in all that chaos and looting. Now I'm wondering if he may have been a casualty. Hope not.
If he is, or was, he might be the bloggers' equivalent of Michael Kelly. as it were.

<< Home